Art (University Archives)
Scope and Contents
This is an artificial collection of paintings and prints held by the University Archives, Texas State University. Art that is not purchased by the Texas State Galleries is considered to be part of the University Art Collection. Pieces are added to this listing when they are accessioned by the University Archives for preservation, digitization, and/or inventory control.
- 1881, 1969, 1986, 2010, 2019, undated
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restriction. Some items oversized or fragile. Materials may be stored off-site, advance notice may be required for use.
Conditions Governing Use
University Archives owns the physical items in our collections, but copyright normally belongs to the creator of the materials or their heirs. The researcher has full responsibility for determining copyright status, obtaining permission to publish from copyright holders, and abiding by current copyright laws when publishing or displaying copies.
Texas State University was established by the 26th Legislature in 1899 as the Southwest Texas State Normal School; 313 pupils were enrolled in 1903-04, the first year classes were held.
The school name changed to Southwest Texas State Normal College in 1918, to Southwest Texas State Teachers College in 1925, to Southwest Texas State College in 1959, to Southwest Texas State University in 1969, to Texas State University-San Marcos in 2003, and to Texas State University in 2013.
Language of Materials
Invetnory of art pieces belonging to the University Archives, Texas State University.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This is an artificial collection comprised of art pieces separated from accessions, donated individually or anonymously, or from unknown sources. Details are noted on the individual item level.
- University Archives art collection
- In Progress
- Nicole Critchley
- 2020 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description