Southwest Texas State University faculty newsletters
Scope and Contents
The faculty newsletter "Featuring Faculty" was a published by Southwest Texas State University faculty and edited and produced by the Faculty Advancement Center. It provided important information about faculty advancement. Topics included introductions of new faculty, publications and presentations by faculty, accolades, and information about grants and fellowships. Materials date from 1982 through 1991 and are arranged chronologically. It ceased publication in paper format in fall 1991, and moved to an eletronic format.
- 1982 - 1991
- Southwest Texas State University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restriction.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by Texas State University. Educational reproduction is allowed without permission. Authorization to publish must be obtained from the University Archives. Please contact email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
Texas State University was established by the 26th Legislature in 1899 as the Southwest Texas State Normal School; 313 pupils were enrolled in 1903-04, the first year classes were held.
The school name changed to Southwest Texas State Normal College in 1918, to Southwest Texas State Teachers College in 1925, to Southwest Texas State College in 1959, to Southwest Texas State University in 1969, to Texas State University-San Marcos in 2003, and to Texas State University in 2013.
0.21 Linear Feet (One half legal Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
Materials may be stored off-site. Advance notice may be required for use.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the library by unknown source. Additional copies can be found in Alkek Library special collection.
- Southwest Texas State University faculty newsletters
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021-04: Revised for ArchivesSpace, Nicole Critchley