Board of Regents, Texas state teachers colleges , September 1946 - November 1947
Scope and Contents
This ongoing collection consists of meeting minutes and reports made by the Board of Regents. The collection is complete except for the 1919-20 (5th biennial) report. For the years 1911 through 1948, biennial reports were published in pamphlet format as a summary of two fiscal years and included attendance and enrollment statistics. Minutes exist for many meetings from 1911 to 1924. For the years 1919, 1921, and 1922, documentation also includes minutes from the Council of Normal College Presidents, which recommend agenda items to bring before the board.
Beginning with fiscal year 1943, the report format changes to include more details. Documentation includes reports submitted by each school in the system, financial activities of each school, and the items voted on by the board in each meeting. Organized chronologically by meeting date.
- September 1946 - November 1947
- From the Collection: Texas. State Normal School Board of Regents (Organization)
- From the Collection: Texas. Board of Regents, State Senior Colleges (Organization)
- From the Collection: Texas State University System. Board of Regents (Organization)
- From the Collection: Board of Regents of the Texas State Teachers Colleges (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restriction.
From the Collection: 25 Linear Feet (3 document boxes, 13 standard record boxes, digital items.)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Part of the University Archives, Texas State University Repository
Alkek Library Room 580
601 University Drive
San Marcos Texas 78666 USA