100. Local/Southwest History
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of 46 glass plate negatives showing images of San Antonio and San Marcos, Texas, and the surrounding area, as well as portraits dating from around 1892-1911. Notable images include Battle of Flowers parade, Fort Sam Houston, the Hays County Courthouse, the First United Methodist Church, and the Belgar-Cahill Lime Kiln.
Just south of Texas State University sits the only known intersection named after both Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) and Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK). The LBJ-MLK Crossroads Project culminated in a physical memorial installed in San Marcos, Texas in January 2014. This collection contains records regarding the creation and completion of the memorial.
Pennington Funeral Home is a family-owned business in San Marcos, Texas. This collection consist of business records, including one cemetery ledger (1888-1900) and multiple funeral registers dating from 1902 to the mid-1940s that detail deaths in the Hays County and San Marcos, Texas area.
Photonegatives from the San Marcos Daily Record newspaper in San Marcos, Texas, spanning from the 1930s to 2002. The negatives depict a variety of subjects with a focus on the local San Marcos area and Texas State University.
The material in this collection is from San Marcos Camp 3270 of the Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society. It contains ledgers, minute books, constitution and manuals, and financial materials.